New Growth~~Written in Yellow Springs, Ohio ~ 12/05

Photo Credit:Dreamstime 


tonight

in a strange land

snow at my feet


            i plow through

            the demons

            in my mind

                            i swing from trees


                                                     leafless


i follow my breath

        into the night

where i begin to dream again


                                                      awake


conscious of the season

            and it's worth

                                                  my worth


limbs have become brittle

            losing all that will not be

                                         in springtime


i wait patiently

            for the signs

                        of new growth


my roots tingle

           though my hands are numb


i am winter now



~ New Growth ~ Written in Yellow Springs, Ohio ~ December 2005

Popular Posts